The Cosmos is a community for Asian women creators to flourish and thrive.
The Cosmos is a fast-growing community for Asian women creators, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and artists to flourish and thrive. Through content and experiences, we empower Asian women to create the representation and culture change we deserve.
Founded by Cassandra Lam and Karen Mok in a cafe on the Lower East Side in 2018, The Cosmos began with a blogpost asking "Who is the Asian American Woman? An Open Letter to Our Community"
The Cosmos community is inclusive of self-identifying women, femmes, gender nonconforming, queer, and transgender individuals of Asian, Pacific Islander, South Asian, and mixed descent.
Our Community Principles
01. We take an holistic approach to identity. We view the self as an ecosystem and recognize that we cannot operate to our fullest potential if any part is unwell, neglected, or ignored. When our individual selves are empowered to flourish and thrive, so can our community.
02. We embody a culture of questioning. We welcome constructively critical but non-combative dialogue.
03. We welcome all viewpoints. We strive to create spaces that support us as we interrogate norms and expand our understanding of ourselves and our world.
04. We are action-oriented and fearlessly experimental. We insist on applying what we learn.
05. We run on co-creation and collaboration rooted in interactive, immersive, and transformational experiences. We can't do it alone.
06. We are champions of our community. Our actions and choices uplift the work of each person in the community. We believe in the group text, emoji love, and real-life shoulders to lean on.
07. We are shameless in investing in ourselves and asking for what we need.
08. We leverage technology to build community and expand our reach but above all we celebrate the power of in-person gatherings to connect members of our community.